UTTAR PRADESH Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services (Pre.) Exam. 2011
Exam Date 26-06-2011
GENERAL STUDIES SOLUTION
SERIES : B
1. A …..vitamin A is not formed in our body.
2. C....Zinc phosphide (Zn3P2) is an inorganic chemical compound. Metal phosphides have been used as rodenticides
4. Boric acid, also called hydrogen borate or boracic acid or orthoboric acid or acidum boricum, is a weak acid of boron often used as an antiseptic, insecticide, flame retardant, as a neutron absorber, and as a precursor of other chemical compounds.
8. A.....The retina acts much like the film in a camera.
9. Anosmia is a lack of functioning olfaction, or in other words, an inability to perceive odours.
11. C.....Gambusia can be introduced into ponds to eat mosquito larvae.
15. C.....The Chandrasekhar limit is the mass above which electron degeneracy pressure ... a different type of stellar remnant, such as a neutron star or black hole
20. D....Archie is a tool for indexing FTP archives, allowing people to find specific files. It is considered to be the first Internet search engine
23. C....A bone mineral density (BMD) test measures how much calcium and other types of minerals are present in a section of your bone
24. D....The Uttarakhand Government has declared Sanskrit as the second official language of the State.
29. C...Astra (Sanskrit: अस्त्र, Astra "Weapon") is an active radar homing beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), India.
31. D....Mahabali's rule is considered the golden era of Kerala. The following song is often sung over Onam:
34. C,,...Union Budget 2011-12: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee announced loans at an interest rate of 4 per cent for farmers
35. B....atha poo a flower decoration during the festival of onam by athira
36. A.....Durga Lal was a renowned Kathak dancer from Jaipur in Indian state of Rajasthan
39. C……largest producer of sugar is maharashtra .u.p is largest sugar cane producer
41. B....A standard, commercial letter of credit (LC) is a document issued mostly by a financial institution, used primarily in trade finance, which usually provides an irrevocable payment undertaking.The letter of credit can also be payment for a transaction, meaning that redeeming the letter of credit pays an exporter.
42. D.......Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Limited, was established in the year 1957 by the Government of India to strengthen the export promotion STC;Government owned company dealing mainly in bulk international trade. MMTC CMD Shri Sanjiv Batra Received the EEPC National award for Export excellence for the year 2007-08 from Hon'ble Minister of Commerce Shri Anand Sharma
51. A ?
60. D .....Okha is a small costal town near Jamnagar, Gujarat/Veraval (Gujarati:વેરાવળ, Hindi:वेरावल) is a city and a municipality in Junagadh district in the Indian state of GujaratPorbandar (Gujarati પોરબંદર) About this sound pronunciation (help·info) is a coastal city in the Indian state of Gujarat
64. A......World Bank Chairman Robert B. Zoellick and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar sign a $220 million loan for Kosi rebuilding.
66. D...Youth Film Festival. Presents. International Hellth Film Festival ( 1st Medifilmfest) Asian Film Festival New Delhi
70. A......Mother Teresa Award 2011. He played the evil anti-hero in Bollywood for decades but Prem Chopra
74. A.......Girija Devi (Hindi: गिरिजा देवी; IAST: Girijā Devī) (born 1929) is an Indian classical singer of the Banaras gharana
75. C.....Akbarpur (Hindi: अकबरपुर, Urdu: اکبر پور) is a town and a nagar panchayat in Kanpur Dehat district in the state of Uttar Pradesh
80. B....State bird in a perilous state. Although designated as the offical bird of Uttar Pradesh, the Sarus crane
81. C....Hanuman Prasad Poddar was the founding and the lifetime editor of its noted magazine, Kalyan.
83. C......high of 1084 in Kerala to a low of 877 in Haryana. Other major States with a low sex ratio include Punjab (893), Uttar Pradesh (908), Bihar (916), Gujarat (918), Maharashtra (925) and Rajasthan (926).
84. C....CHARKULA DANCE. The spectacular dance from Braj region of Uttar Pradesh - the land of Lord Krishna and his consort - Radha.
86. B...Lee Chong Wei took a call from Malaysia's prime minister after successfully defending his All England Championships
88. A....Veteran midfielder Arjun Halappa replaced Rajpal Singh as the captain of the Indian hockey team for the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup next month
91. D.......The Stanley Cup (French: La Coupe Stanley) is an ice hockey club trophy, awarded annually to the National Hockey League (NHL) playoffs champion
93. D.....The smash is the main attacking shot used in volleyball
109.A...Green Development: Environment and Sustainability in the Third World, 2nd edn. ...... Bradshaw, M. J. (1977) Earth, the Living Planet
112.D......Takashi Hirose "Nuclear Reactor Time Bomb".
113.B....World Water Day has been observed on March 22 since 1993
114.D......Periyar is really famous for its wild elephants
115.C....After Mumbai, Delhi has the second largest slum Population in India. Nearly 1.8 million people lives in slum areas in capital
122.ALL 4 CURRECT....
145.D...The message of swadeshi and boycott soon spread to the rest of the country: Lokmanya Tilak took the movement to different parts of India, especially Poona and Bombay, Ajit Singh and Lala Lajpat Rai spread the swadeshi message in Punjab and other parts of northern India; Syed Haidar Raza set up the agenda in Delhi.